I am an educator and entrepreneur, with experience in industry, commerce, academia and intercultural leadership development. I develop or contribute to initiatives and enterprises that create spiritual and social worth.
- I have three earned degrees: DMiss, Contextual Missiology (Fuller SIS); MPhil, Intercultural Studies; BEng, Civil Engineering.
- I have provided intercultural leadership training in Kenya, Burkina Faso, the USA and Canada and am presently committed to the development of Maize Plant Discipleship.
Faith is integral to how I understand and appreciate the world. I believe holistic faith leads to worldviews and practices capable of authentically facilitating human flourishing. For me, this reflects the true nature of the missionary vocation.
- Holistic faith looks beyond dogma, creed and belief to shared actions and values.
- In a holistic faith perspective, our personal faith, culture and worldview are held in appropriate tension with the cultural contexts and faith of others.
- Authentically recognising—not merely acknowledging—the multiplicity of peoples and cultures in our shared world is transformative. It opens our minds and hearts to the complexity of human nature and the different conditions that respectively facilitate or deny human flourishing.
My family and I live in South West Wales.
Between us, over the past couple of years, we have been involved locally in:
- working and, or volunteering with SNAP Cymru and Banc Organics
- volunteering with Air Cadets and Llanelli Ramblers
- establishing Llanelli Food Assembly.