Diet Doctor is a relatively new resource, appearing in the current format in the last year, after starting out in Sweden, in 2011. It’s entered the sphere of dietary nutrition at what I believe is a critical moment for the world. Seriously:
Something is badly wrong. While the prosperity of the world has never been higher, people are suffering. More and more people – the majority in the Western world – are obese or overweight, and a large proportion are on prescription drugs every day for the rest of their lives. Every year new people add to the sad statistics. As we get ever richer as a society our health appears to decline. Why is this?
With that backdrop, it’s clear: there’s a crucial need for accessible, accurate, reliable nutritional dietary information to be delivered through the medium of the internet—the “printing press” of the twenty-first century.
To be effective, resources providing dietary nutritional advice need to:
- Address popular confusion about nutrition—particularly with respect to the role of carbohydrates and fat in relation to health and disease,
- Be based on the best understanding of the latest science, without fear or prejudice towards Big Food and Pharma
- Provide clear how-to guidelines, for people wanting to transition to a healthy lifestyle
- Incorporate real-world recipes, based on the best nutritional advice
- Display complete financial transparency, because there is a vital requirement, at this historical juncture, to restore public trust relating to nutrition, food and the role of pharmaceuticals, in relation to health.
Welcome to DietDoctor.com!
Purpose: Empowering people everywhere to revolutionise their health.
Mission: Making low carb simple.
Values: Trustworthiness, Simplicity, Inspiration, and Goodness.
No money from industry, no products for sale, no ads. Fully funded by the people – over 35,000 members. Free—membership is optional. Over 150,000 visits per day…
What you will find on the website:
- A clear and precise explanation of “Low Carb,” including advice for beginners
- Low-carb recipes: meals, breakfasts, sides, condiments, snacks, deserts, bread
- Health topic index, with advice on using low-carb as a treatment
- How to lose weight, via low-carb living
- Success stories—filterable by age, gender
- Science blog
- News and Newsletter
I give Diet Doctor five stars out of five.
This article is part of a series entitled, Real Food Resources. I have no affiliation to any of the organisations, authors or resource outlined in this series.